You Are Reading

Chosen Subject: The Internet

After brain storming a selection of ideas within each of the given categories I have chosen to focus my research under the 'useful inventions' category and choose the subject of 'The Internet' I have chosen this subject as it's something that I know a little bit about already and it's a subject that I am interested in, I also think it offers broad scope for research into other areas that are related to the internet. I also think the internet is also a very current subject, its a new technology and has now become part of our everyday life but it's always changing sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. It's impacting our lives in every aspects, it may have started small but the internet has become an integral part to many of things we do on a daily basis, many of us now rely upon it and can not live without it. Initially I intend to look as the internet as a whole to create a brief overview of what the internet is, where it came from, how it started and what it is today. I then want to branch out within my research and look at a range of other subjects under the umbrella of the internet subjects I want to look at are:


  • Internet Statistics
  • Internet Viruses 
  • Internet SPAM
  • How the internet impacts upon out health
  • Internet speed
  • Search Terms and how they've changed through the years - to determine how our use of the internet has changed from the past to the present day
  • Social Media 
  • Email History
  • Browser wars
  • Censorship of the internet
  • Environmental impacts of the internet
  • E-Commerce
  • Internet Freedom and the open web 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2011 All rights reserved